Who we are
MAHARAT FOR DEVELOPMENT, M4D, is a US based not for profit organization working on advancing human rights and promoting access to information and peaceful inclusive societies.
M4D is a newly established organization committed to bridging the gaps in developing societies.
Based in Washington, D.C. with all the opportunities available in technology, communications and programs, M4D can rely on its partnership with Maharat Foundation and other organizations in the MENA region to implement programs aiming at raising awareness within the people of this region in the fields of human and civil rights, gender equality and freedom of opinion. The vast experience of M4D directors in the US and the MENA regions constitutes a valuable asset in designing and implementing programs aiming to improve the lives of the people and filling the gap in knowledge, technology and education so visible in the MENA area.
Field of Expertise
- Advancing human rights in developing countries;
- Promoting freedom of expression including freedom of belief and the free flow of information, bridging digital divide including access to the internet;
- Advancing quality education in developing countries including digital literacy;
- Promoting just, peaceful and inclusive societies that contribute in protecting diversity through information and communications technology (ICT) including marginalized populations such as refugees, displaced, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) communities;
- Leading peace building efforts that contribute in conflict prevention, social cohesion and countering violent extremism;
- Strengthening freedom of information essential for accountability, transparency, good governance and the rule of law;
- Promoting a safe environment and participating in climate change action;
- Promoting activities and research contributing in media development and the use of effective communication to promote human rights including the Sustainable Development Goals of the Millennium.